Abt Associates, a global leader in technical assistance, program implementation, and international development seeks qualified individuals to fulfill the position of Renewable Energy Policy Specialist for the USAID Clean Power Asia program.
The purpose of USAID Clean Power Asia is to accelerate the regional transition to a high performing, low carbon power sector. The program assists the governments of the Lower Mekong and other developing countries in Asia in energy planning and helps establish an effective policy, regulatory, and technical environment for low emissions growth in the power sector, while simultaneously mobilizing public- and private-sector investment in renewable energy (RE) development. USAID Clean Power Asia is focused on solar, wind, small hydro (<15 MW), and biomass from agricultural residues. The program focuses on the Lower Mekong including Lao PDR, Thailand, and Vietnam, and also includes activities on a regional level in support of RE development among ASEAN member states.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Work in close coordination with the project team, supporting Task 2 (RE policies, regulations, incentives and technical frameworks), under the direct supervision and guidance of the Task 2 Lead (or another senior staff member as delegated by the COP) on the following tasks:
- Implementing intervention activities to promote an RE enabling environment through policy or regulatory adoption and building capacity for stakeholders in Lao PDR, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, and potentially Cambodia, Indonesia, and Myanmar.
- Conducting scoping and analysis of Task 2 interventions included in the approved work plan, as well as proposing new interventions to support power sector policies to promote investment in grid-connected renewable energy in the region.
- Policies may include incentives, procurement processes, standards, regulations, as well as the technical framework for integrating renewable energy into the grid.
- Supporting meetings and events (workshop, conference, training, etc.) organized or co-organized by the program.
- Collaborating and coordinating with stakeholders to organize, prepare, attend, and conduct meetings and/or events as part of the program of Task 2 activities included in the approved work plan including recording meeting notes.
- Developing and/or reviewing materials, agendas, participant lists and drafting invitation letters for participants.
- Drafting and finalizing meeting notes and/or reports for the events held.
- Assisting in developing and nurturing relationships with the client (USAID), donors/partners, government counterparts, private sector actors and other relevant stakeholders in the region.
- Supporting and managing consultants and/or subcontractors according to assigned program activities, tasks and/or sub-tasks.
- Drafting scopes of work to provide specific expert analysis or other consultant services.
- Coordinating, collaborating, and managing deliverables/outputs through tracking, reviewing and commenting on deliverables as well as ensuring the quality of the work.
- Supporting the monitoring of performance indicators to ensure the program’s activity outputs and outcomes are in compliance with USAID’s requirements.
- Other duties to be determined in conjunction with the Task 2 Lead and the Chief of Party of the USAID Clean Power Asia Program.