Abt Associates’ International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a global leader in technical assistance, program implementation, and international development seeks qualified individuals to fulfill the position of Program Officer-Technical for the USAID Clean Power Asia program. This position is full-time, based in Bangkok, Thailand, and is open to Thai nationals only. No allowances or relocation will be paid.
The purpose of USAID Clean Power Asia is to accelerate the regional transition to a high performing, low carbon power sector. The program assists the governments of the Lower Mekong and other developing countries in Asia in energy planning and helps establish an effective policy, regulatory, and technical environment for low emissions growth in the power sector, while simultaneously mobilizing public- and private-sector investment in renewable energy (RE) development. USAID Clean Power Asia is focused on solar, wind, small hydro (<15 MW), and biomass from agricultural residues. The program focuses on the Lower Mekong including Lao PDR, Thailand, and Vietnam, and also includes activities on a regional level in support of RE development among ASEAN member states.
The Program Officer-Technical reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) under the leadership and guidance of the Chief of Party (COP) on the following activities:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage organizational partnership and cooperation efforts: Support partnership development including development, proofing, and review of communications, information retrieval, presentation development and review, coordination, and logistical assistance. Support meetings and formal agreement processes with host country, private sector, donor, and international organization partners. Includes working with staff to manage the process of drafting agreements with donors and other collaborating partners, as well as updating framework agreements with host countries.
- Internal and external communications: Prepare presentations for government stakeholder meetings, conferences, and other purposes on overall program focus areas, work plan, and achievements as requested by management.
- Manage and support strategic planning: Support development of work plan, technical papers, internal and monthly, quarterly and yearly reports, and information tracking resources.
- Events Management: Develop and implement process to participate in other organizations’ conferences, workshops and webinars. Prepare monthly plan on opportunities for staff to present at other conferences and webinars and manage a tracker to document participation, including research; logistical and operational management; and collaboration with technical teams and external stakeholders on event management and communications.
- Support financial management, operations, and record-keeping: Organize, review, and improve internal government funding proposal process. Work with technical leads to prepare proposals in accordance with funding framework and parameters; maintain project management documentation and technical information of proposals to ensure efficient updating and data retrieval as needed by management and stakeholders
- Support and administration: Manage technical team meetings including biweekly schedule of meetings and tasks, coordination of availability with participants, agenda-setting and note-taking, and providing pre-meeting information and briefings. Also includes development of trip reports and management of shared server resources and content.
- Other duties to be determined in conjunction with COP/DCOP and task leaders.