Abt Associates, a global leader in technical assistance, program implementation, and international development, seeks qualified individuals to fulfill the position of Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist for the USAID Clean Power Asia program.
The purpose of USAID Clean Power Asia is to accelerate the regional transition to a high performing, low carbon power sector. The program assists the governments of the Lower Mekong and other developing countries in Asia in energy planning and helps establish an effective policy, regulatory, and technical environment for low emissions growth in the power sector, while simultaneously mobilizing public- and private-sector investment in renewable energy (RE) development. USAID Clean Power Asia is focused on solar, wind, small hydro (<15 MW), and biomass from agricultural residues. The program focuses on the Lower Mekong including Lao PDR, Thailand, and Vietnam, and also includes activities on a regional level in support of RE development among ASEAN member states.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The MEL Specialist is responsible for all monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities under the USAID Clean Power Asia program. S/he must ensure that all MEL activities are in compliance with the USAID framework and systems. The main responsibilities of this position are to:
- Maintain and revise a strong monitoring and evaluation process, the learning plan, and systems to support monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL), consistent with the USAID Clean Power Asia results framework and USAID requirements. This includes developing data collection and data verification protocols as well as managing the activity database.
- Provide regular MEL-related inputs and monitoring data on project performance to strategically inform planning, decisions and future direction.
- Ensure the completion of all MEL activities stated in the performance monitoring (MEL) plan, including working with the COP and DCOP to organize and manage quarterly meetings to review achievement of the project results, targets and learning
- Support the technical staff in collecting required documentation for reporting actual achievement of quantitative targets and qualitative results, including through communicating with collaborators and partners and surveys
- Conduct data verification and data quality assessments.
- Contribute to quarterly/annual performance reports.
- Design MEL training materials and build MEL capacity of current and new staff to ensure the implementation of the MEL plan and systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.